Thursday, February 25, 2010

Music and Snack

I really love that I can listen to a song and be taken back to the state of mind I had when I first heard it. I think our brains attach some of the most vivid memories to music. Kinda like when you smell something and it reminds you of being in the first grade eating snack.

This morning on the way to school, I heard The Cranberries and was reminded of being locked up in my room belting it into a hairbrush and listening to "Zombie" over. and over. and over again. I tried to howl just like her.

Green Day's "Time of Your Life" made me think of living in an apartment for the first time when I was seven and wishing with every fiber of my being that I could someday be as cool as my older sister.

Dashboard brings me back to staying up alllll niiiight with new All State Choir friends... high on lack of sleep and laughing at EVERYTHING.

And oooh, Jack Johnson, how you ruled my highschool career.

Someday I will be on my way somewhere and hear Feist or The Black Eyed Peas or John Mayer... The Swell Season, Phil Wickham, or Lady GaGa ( Lord, bless her), and I will think of where I am now. I will remember feeling like a grownup even though I don't want to, getting choked up over how unbelievable my friends are, and dreaming of new adventures.

Thank you, God, for music.

No comments:

Post a Comment